Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Sam and Theresa

I was so surprised when Theresa answered the phone. Woohoo! Sam, Theresa, Amber and Heather spent the hurricane in one of the local churches. Sam did a small "walk-about" in Algiers Point and said that the Point looked pretty good. Lotsa wind damage, lotsa trees down, but no flooding. They had no electricity, but still had running water and gas when I talked to them on Tuesday.
Sam said he would go check out our house Wednesday morning.
I called back Wednesday morning and talked to Heather. Sam was out and about at the time.
I called back later in the day and Theresa answered. Told me they were planning to leave.
Sam took all the perishable food from the Dry Dock Cafe to the local fire department. The Firemen advised them to leave. The gangs and looters from the Eastbank were on their way to the Westbank and it was not going to be safe to stay there.
Theresa said they were going to stay with a friend in Alexandria, LA. She also told me that when they were able to return they would only be returning only long enough to pack up and leave New Orleans for ever. :'o(

No comments: